Sunday, August 19, 2012

A self-reflecting post.

This post is simply about my progress. 

I'd like to say that I have come a far distance from when I started capturing images. I know I have improved, and I always look forward to improving more. 
Recently, people have been liking my stuff more, but it isn't the way I am shooting that is different, it is just the way I am editing. I know a lot of photographers that are very talented at editing. In fact, they are more talented at editing then actually taking the photograph. Some of them don't shoot manually, or if they do, the images are extremely dark. These people usually rely on photoshop to create something beautiful.
They do a great job at it, I will give them that. 

But in classes I have learned that if you have to rely on editing, you're not considered a good photographer. This upcoming semester is my first time ever taking a digital class. I have taken 9 film/composition classes. Film, meaning, I develop them, I process them, I print them. There is very little editing you can do to a photograph, yet everything I know from the darkroom, I have applied it to photoshop.

It's pretty neat that there is a dodge and burn tool for photoshop, because that's all I knew in the darkroom. 
I got my book for the class also.


I have magazines on photoshop as well to learn more about the program, but I never want to really rely on it. I have been told multiple people like me because the photos are as real as it gets. No body sees super contrasted images through their eyes. Or in fact, no body sees photographs like Instagram in real life. 

Photograph is a weird, ever changing thing. Just like our experiences.
I hope to master photography, master photoshop, and master any skills I can.
But I wish not to change the way I shoot. It's real and it takes skill.
I want to rely on me and no body else.

No comments:

Post a Comment