Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Shine Bright 05


Meet Katie Mundinger






What do you love about yourself?
My favorite thing about myself is that I’m independent and believe in the person I’ve become.

My parents raised me to be strong and compassionate; so, while my emotional side is creative, and wild, and romantic, I’m also very secure in solitude.  Spending time alone helps me stay grounded and motivated to accomplish my goals.

I have high standards and I believe in myself.  I haven’t had an easy journey getting to this point, but I’m honestly proud of who I am. I think that’s unique in our society.











What gets you discouraged?
I’m 24, out of college, work a part-time job, and am single.  If I run out of spaghetti sauce I feel like my life is falling apart… It doesn’t take much!

It seems like ages 22, 23, and 24 are hard years for almost everybody in different ways.  There are days when I love where I am in life and other days when I get discouraged for no reason at all.  It’s part of life.










How do you overcome your demons?
The first step is changing my attitude.  I try to look at hardships as stepping-stones rather than demons.  Every single negative experience I’ve had has led me to the point I’m at today and I’m so grateful for those lessons.

When I’m facing difficult situations I usually meditate and seek balance.  Just breathing… sitting with my thoughts and emotions helps me remember that as long as I keep trying to be a good person, things will fall into place.









What is your greatest passion?
It sounds funny… my greatest passion is helping people, but I’m not exactly sure how I can utilize my talents to do that yet.

I have a dream that someday I’ll be changing people’s lives through documentaries.  Photo and video have been my passions since I was tiny so I’d love to use those to help people in the future.























Follow for more beautiful souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment