Monday, March 2, 2015

Shine Bright 04


Meet Roshanah


(P.s. It was FREEZING this day)





What do you love about yourself?
I love that I am compassionate toward others. I love my blue eyes. I love that I am passionate about my work and my relationship with my husband. I love that I am more likely to see the good in others than to judge them too soon. 




What gets you discouraged?
Fear. I have been struggling with anxiety my whole life and more recently depression. It's so paralyzing. It makes me feel like I can't be the person I want to be and the person that I am.





How do you overcome your demons?

By talking with others or spending time with those who can either provide a distraction from fear or who know what it feels like to be paralyzed. Listening to music and turning it up until it drowns out or soothes the way I was feeling in the first place. Sometimes - just doing what I'm afraid of because it's never as bad as I think it's going to be.






What is your greatest passion? 

Helping others. In whatever way that looks like for them. Mostly in the psychological sense. I work in an ever-changing field but currently I work with people who have schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder to help them stay well and out of the hospital. 










Thanks for Following

No comments:

Post a Comment