Thursday, December 5, 2013

NEW CAMERA. Day 339

Oh my goodness it came!

Literally my life in one box!
I ordered a new camera along with a new lens.
I have a lot of zoom lenses and a 50 mm but I wanted a 35mm F1.8 because I have heard it was one of the best lenses, and didn't cost another grand like some lenses do.

Honestly I am so thrilled.
 

The one on the right is my new camera and new lens.
It has some serious raw files man, and by that I mean, they are HUGE.
If I shoot in raw, I am going to have to up my cards, because these files are massive (SO GOOD FOR CLIENTS.. BE EXCITED)
With my old camera I had an additional battery pack that allowed me to have a second shutter,
within the next month or two I will invest for this same thing for my new camera,
but I am not going to lie, this camera put me in debt (as if I wasn't already from school, right?)

But here are some images of my cats that I took with my camera.
I am going downtown tonight to take every photo that I can, 
because although it's the same brand as my old camera,
this camera is more of a professional camera compared to my last "beginner" camera.
My D90 when I bought it was about $2,000, but over time, just like everything else digital,
it deteriorates. I bought new lenses to increase quality, which is highly recommended. Glass is more important than body, however, being a student, I am very educated on what is good and what is not, and I started noticing things about my quality that I didn't like.
I will keep this camera for my backup during weddings, so that maybe I can shoot with both if I need to instead of switching lenses constantly. It's still a great camera,
but I figure if I am serious about this, then I should have the equipment to support it.
Now I need a new camera bag, because I didn't realize how many lenses I actually have...
and If I include how many film camera lenses I have.. shesh.
Life of a photo student I suppose!

So back to the main purpose of this post.
Cats cats cats.

I can edit so much with this camera and it barely shows on the image.
#ohhowivemissedyouD7100






No comments:

Post a Comment