Sunday, September 9, 2012

Photoshop ... always photoshop.

Well, the more I get further and further into class, the more I learn and apply it to my photographs.
Shadows and highlights are a big part of photography. Everything, even film uses these two things to their advantage or disadvantage. Dodging and burning is a huge thing in the darkroom, but many people don't realize it's big in the digital world too. I actually figured out awesome techniques and better techniques by applying what I knew from film into the digital age. This is even true with color as well. Knowing the color wheel is a huge advantage. This way I can edit knowing which colors contradict each others and which work well together to get the color I want on print.

Here is an example of two photographs that are the same, one is just before photoshop, while the other was edited and worked on. These are the same techniques I use in the dark room, but with a computer. 

 Before 

After


Photoshop truly is a scary thing, but it's the things that we have been doing since the beginning of art. The only difference, is it's much easier. Even slimming down people is ridiculously easy, but it's not a new thing. We have been doing this since the beginning of time. We always want to make people look better than they do, and we always want beautiful to seem even more beautiful.

The picture below was taken in broad daylight, with bright vibrant green leaves. However, once it's through photoshop - I can reverse the time of day almost into what it seems night. 
I did think this was a great screen saver. 


Stay Tuned! I'm learning way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment