Sunday, January 18, 2015

Shine Bright 01

Meet Rachel.




What do you love about yourself?
This is tough.... Probably honestly what I love and hate most about myself is my heart. Not the physical vessel but what it does to me (and yah i know its my brain but bear with me) I hate how I can care so much about people just to watch them walk away and then let them do it again and again. I find in love and friendships i follow this pattern where I allow myself to be taken advantage of just because I care about the other person so much, probably even more about them then they care about me. I also like my eyes :P they are pretty cool. 
What gets you discouraged?
Comparing myself with others. It really is the thief of joy. I have done a lot better this year with staying away from social media (only posting for work reasons!) so I just STOP DOING THAT. and when I do compare myself and primarily I work i do it very consciously. Physically go online saying 'i am going to go look at a bunch of other photographers work for "THIS" purpose (generally to inspire me or to see what trends are going on). It has really helped a lot. I find when I see someones work through that light I actually enjoy the comparison now. 
How do you overcome your demons?
I don't think anyone ever really overcomes any demons we just find these ways to push them deep inside to a place where they don't bother us anymore, they aren't a part of our consciousness. My connection with yoga and meditation i think really helps me overcome pretty mcuh any mental block I have. 
What is your greatest passion?
Freaking love man. My greatest weakness is my greatest passion and strength. I connect very easily with people and enjoy finding out their quirks and telling their stories. I am moved by the connection people have between each other and am always seeking it out. Exploring the world while also exploring our connections is something i am constantly seeking out. I will go anywhere to tell a story that is freaking good. I wish i could do everything i personally want to do but gotta pay the bills man. 








































No comments:

Post a Comment